Monday, August 10, 2009

04-08-2008

Vix woke to the alarm of his old bedside clock.
It showed 06:55.
The date showed 04:08:08.

He rushed out of bed, opened his laptop, and there - just as he had feared ever since the weirdness went down in April, but never actually suspected would happen: his blog had already been updated.

It read:

Hi,
Can you see me here?
Am I now?
Or am I in the future looking back?
In case I am, please try sending a confirmation from the past.
If I'm not here, then no problem.
Thank you.

"This is totally fucked up.", he said aloud to the empty room.
Beneath the text was a link to the track by The Barry Cack Ensemble he'd uploaded back before the summer.
Or in the future.
Back then.
Which meant just now, actually. A few seconds ago, to be more precise.
The link showed zero plays and zero downloads, so it must have been just posted. Not that his blog had many hits anyway.
Maximum weirdness.
He knew he had to do something. And quick.
He hit the 'add comment' button, and wrote:

Oh shit! Yes. I can. You are most certainly there. Or I am, or was there... Or here? Double-shit! Possibly looking back, yes, but more probably from the past, as I'm here now - in the present, I mean. Oh, this is so totally out there.

He gave up, and decided it was better to make a new post, in the present time, as if to cancel out the one he just had read from the future of the past.
He wrote:

I don't know if this is good or bad.
I am here, I was here, and I will probably always be here.
All at the same time.
Maybe there's still hope?

Then he posted "Disco Computer" by The Hex Pistols.
The lyrics went:

Disco Computer
Take me to the future

Never before had a song felt so in place.

What the hell was going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment