Monday, September 28, 2009

I, Satan

I am Satan.
The one who fell to Earth.
I used to be beautiful.
I used to be free.
But everything was taken from me.
Even though I did nothing wrong.
I am the one who envies.
Because what’s rightfully mine has been stolen from me.
I am the one who hurts.
Because I myself have been hurt beyond your wildest, most perverted dreams.
I am the one who is justified in my spitefulness - as so much loss has been put upon my shoulders.
Why should I feel empathy when I see others suffer?
Have I not suffered more?
Why should I forgive, forget?
When I’ve done nothing to deserve this fate?
I have done nothing wrong.
Nothing!
I am Satan.
The one who speaks now.
But I am also the one who listens now.
Don’t you know me?
Can’t you feel me - deep beneath the surface?
Have I not seen through your eyes?
Harmed with your hands?
Hated from inside your heart?
Am I not from within?

No comments:

Post a Comment